[GRASS5] ERROR: MAPSET fakestart not found

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Nov 3 07:39:49 EST 2004

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 01:26:05AM -0600, Huidae Cho wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got the following error when making r.digit:
>
> GRASS_FAKE_START=1 GISBASE=... dist.i686-pc-cygwin/bin/r.digit
> --html-description
> ERROR: MAPSET fakestart not found.

This error happens in several modules. Someone will have to debug
it and add further fakestart tricks into libgis.

In this case the line in main.c
 polyfile = G_tempfile();
is the problem (the function needs to be extended as it was done
for e.g. G_gisinit().

To debug it, just set in a shell all the variables such as

 export GRASS_FAKE_START=1
 export GISBASE=/path/to/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu
 export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib
 ddd /path/to/bin/r.digit --html-description

> r.digit does not call G_parser(), so it cannot generate usage. But it
> fails with "Programmer error: no flags or options" error after
> inserting G_parser() to make a usage file. "No flags or options" can
> be intended by programmers, should it be something like fatal errors?

You mean above problem? No, that should not stop compilation.

Markus