[GRASS5] 5.7: man pages generated now

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Thu Nov 4 00:11:22 EST 2004

Hamish wrote:

> other than that it is the interactive modules that don't describe
> themselves correctly and the db.* commands.

Most (all?) of the db.* commands initialise the defaults for the
driver= and database= options using the functions
db_get_default_driver_name() and db_get_default_database_name()
respectively. These functions call G__getenv2(), which fails if the
mapset is invalid.

Either G__getenv2() needs to be updated to handle the "fake start"
case, or (preferable, but unlikely to happen) we need to adopt (and
enforce) a rule that nothing gets called before G_parser except for
G_gisinit and G_define_{module,option,flag}.