[GRASS5] Compiling my source

Damiano Triglione damiano.triglione at polimi.it
Mon Nov 15 10:10:45 EST 2004

Hi,
while I don't have any problem compiling Grass 5.4.0 sources, when it's the
turn to compile my little module there are some strange error messages that
I never encountered in Grass 4.x and 5.0b.

Let's make an example: I am in a directory where there are all my .c and .h
files, along with the Gmakefile. With older grass 5.0 when I type gmake5
everything goes ok. But with grass5.4 when I type gmake54 I have the
message:
bash: gmake54: command not found

So I realize that the command is in the build directory, so I type
/home/grass-build/gmake54
and now I have:

make: Entering directory '/home/damiano/mysrc/rr044'
make: *** no rule to make target 'dir'. Stop.
make: Leaving directory '/home/damiano/mysrc/rr044'

I cannot understand why it does not accept the Gmakefile present in rr044/
!!!
Of course my aim is to run it and debug it in the same folder. I do not want
that my executable will join immediately the folders of the binaries in my
Linux Mandrake 10 system!
Can anyone be so kind to help me, please?
Thanks,
Damiano

damiano.triglione at polimi.it