[GRASS5] v.out.ascii: Segmentation fault

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Nov 24 05:45:31 EST 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 09:26:47AM +0100, Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> Dear GRASS developers,
>
> since 20.11.2004 I get by v.out.ascii Segmentation fault:
>
> GRASS 5.7.cvs:~ > v.out.ascii novy
> D1/3: Segmentation fault (SIGSEGV)
> GRASS 5.7.cvs:~ >
>
> Nothing more :-(
>
> Can it be a bug in grass?

Works here for me. Please check if you have a clean
5.7 setup. Check the source code directories if any
old links to 5.3-CVS are left over:

cd grass57
find . -type l
# ... should only report the .so links of the libgrass_xxx files.

If needed, remove all links to 5.3-CVS ('make mixclean' should do
that), then update again from CVS and recompile again.
There was a bug in the 'make mixclean' routine which probably
left over some links.

If it still fails, run (in every mapset)
 v.build.all
to rebuild the topology.

If it then still fails, please report again.

Hope this helps

 Markus