[GRASS5] [bug #2718] (grass) man pages such as g.list gone

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Nov 25 09:07:26 EST 2004

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 06:31:15AM +0100, Request Tracker wrote:
> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2718
>
> I never expected you to wipe out the g.list man page in 5.7.

Nobody wiped out any MAN page.

> You had me tinkering around with $MANPATH for 1/2 hour before I
> realized it. Not sure how many other innocent man pages are gone too.
> Hmm, no man pages for v.segment, etc. etc.

Took me more than 1/2h to identify the problem. Since the MAN
pages are derived from the HTML pages, check first, if the HTML
page is ok. Otherwise there won't be a MAN page.

I have now:
- modified the concept of generating HTML pages in a temporary
  session ("fake session" which is in fact a true session now)
- fixed the GDAL installation on grass.itc.it
- generated a new GRASS 5.7 Linux binary snapshot (no more OGDI
  dependencies)
- above fixed the broken online HTML manual pages as well

Keep in mind that 5.7 is EXPERIMENTAL.
Otherwise wait for 6.0.

Markus