[GRASS5] no links to GRASS 5.4 binaries

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Nov 26 15:34:06 EST 2004

Florian Goessmann wrote:

> >> i did that.
> >
> > So what are the actual error messages you get when you build with
> > those options disabled?
>
> r.mapcalc3:
>
> /home/florian/Documents/SRCes/grass-5.4.0/build/src/raster/r.mapcalc3/
> lex.yy.o(.text+0x11f7): In function `yy_get_next_buffer':
> /home/florian/Documents/SRCes/grass-5.4.0/src/raster/r.mapcalc3/
> mapcalc.l:58: undefined reference to `readline'

Line 58 of mapcalc.l is within a block which is conditionalised upon
HAVE_READLINE_READLINE_H:

	#ifdef HAVE_READLINE_READLINE_H
		if (isatty(fileno(input_stream)))
		{
			char *line_read;

			line_read = readline("mapcalc> ");

The error indicates that the build is trying to use an object file
from a previous build attempt, when --with-readline was used.

You need to clean up the previous build. If you used the gmake build
mechanism (--enable-gmake), "make distclean" should do this. If you
used the alternate build mechanism (--disable-gmake, which should be
the default for 5.4), simply delete the entire build directory (with
"rm -rf").

> nviz:
>
> *** PostgreSQL unsupported ***
> /home/florian/Documents/SRCes/grass-5.4.0/build/src.contrib/GMSL/
> NVIZ2.2/src/runPg.o(.text+0x12c):
> In function `runPg':
> /home/florian/Documents/SRCes/grass-5.4.0/src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/
> runPg.c:34:
> undefined reference to `PQsetdbLogin'

Same error (trying to use object files from a previous build with
different configure switches).