[GRASS5] Let's release 5.4 asap

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 2 00:35:52 EDT 2004

> > > I'll do that if there aren't objections.
..

> OK, done.
>
> > Maybe we could come up with a word more stable than "Testing" for
> > 5.3?

The trouble lies in the dual meaning of the word stable of course.

To the user, "stable" means bug free.
To the developers, "stable" means frozen API.
 (which means theoretically fewer bugs, but as in this case, not always)

I think having just "Testing" and "Development" versions up will put
people off. I suggest we use "Final Testing" instead of "Testing"?
(or something like that) It's a lot more encouraging.

Hamish