[GRASS5] s. -> v.

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sun Oct 17 15:25:22 EDT 2004

Hello Michael

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004, Michael Barton wrote:

[...]
> Since GRASS doesn't have a krieging interpolator,

s.surf.krig?
http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass/src/sites/s.surf.krig/
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/gdp/html_grass5/html/s.surf.krig.html

Looks substantial enough but I wonder what the problem with it is. Is it
just another module that was disabled and forgotten like s.kcv, m.in.ntf
or is there a more serious problem?

> Finally, two questions about r.grow2 that apply both to 5.7 and 5.3. 1) how
> does it differ from r.grow (I looked it up in the CVS and there are any docs
> yet)? 2) Is this a case where calling r.grow actually starts r.grow2 or is
> this a separate command?

Some clues here:
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2003-October/012936.html
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2003-October/012939.html