[GRASS5] 5.4 release branch

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Tue Oct 19 07:39:42 EDT 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Michael Barton wrote:

> I think this is great but need to know what to do with a few updates to
> tcltkgrass. I guess I'd call them bug fixes. I added in all the new default
> compile command modules that have just been added to 5.4 yesterday, but was
> waiting for an answer to my question about r.grow2 so I could add it also. I
> can commit what I have tomorrow. But since I'm in Arizona, I fear that you
> will have already made the switch. I can download a new cvs sandbox for 5.4
> when I know the path if your prefer. What do you advise?

Hello Michael
I suggest you commit the changes to the CVS HEAD as normal now and they
won't affect the 5.4.0 release. Then once they are tested perhaps they can
be merged into the release branch and become part of 5.4.1.
Or if Markus doesn't mind delaying 5.4.0 further we could put them into it
but there would have to be another release candidate and more testing.

If you want to check out the release branch, use
cvs -z3 co -r releasebranch_5_4 grass
Only minor bugfixes should go into the release branch now, then after 5.4.0
is released slightly bigger bugfixes can go in (I would include missing
tcltkgrass modules in this), but new features should go to the CVS HEAD or
(preferably) 5.7.

Paul