[GRASS5] Tcltkgrass and dm merged for GRASS 5.7

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon Sep 6 12:45:41 EDT 2004

Michael Barton wrote:

> BTW, I thought I'd update my v.in.asciipoints script to allow input of
> column names for v.in.ascii.
>
> However, it is still not parsing the string (e.g., xcoord int,ycoord int,id
> int,name varchar(20)) correctly. The correct resultant syntax should be:
>
> V.in.ascii ..... Columns=' xcoord int,ycoord int,id int,name varchar(20)'
>
> I get
>
> 'Columns=xcoord int,ycoord int,id int,name varchar(20)'
>
> Or
>
> 'Columns='\''xcoord int,ycoord int,id int,name varchar(20)'\''
>
> Neither of which works.

Note that v.in.ascii isn't expecting to see any quotes. I presume that
they are mentioned in the description as you would normally need to
type them when entering a literal string on the command line.

Within a script, you should probably be using something like:

	v.in.ascii ... columns="$GIS_OPT_columns" ...