[GRASS5] [bug #2617] (grass) v.digit can damage maps unexpectedly

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Fri Sep 10 05:57:15 EDT 2004

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2617

Subject: v.digit can damage maps unexpectedly

Platform: other
grass obtained from: Other (CDROM etc)
grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries
GRASS Version: 5.7

Please enter error description here (and your name)

Hi There

I've just been digitizing a map using v.digit (the GUI version), and have discovered that even though I
had certain items hidden using the symbology tab of the settings pane, those hidden items were still
affected by mouse clicks (result: a deleted line that I now have to re-digitize).

Also, I can't find a way of turning a complete boundary ring into an area - I've looked at the tutorials
on the web, and also the help file, but the the latest help for v.digit is poor, especially compared the
man pages produced for older versions of GRASS which have examples and a good full explanation.

I would be happy to write an updated help page for v.digit, but I need to understand it first!

All the best, and thanks for your help

Dr Nick Green
Institute of Community Studies
London