[GRASS5] cvs updates completed successfully.

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Sep 18 14:25:24 EDT 2004

This is strange. I looked at the Makefile via the web CVS yesterday and it
had r.univar.sh rather than r.univar listed. I was unable to update the
Makefile and I assumed that it was because it was already updated.

The reason for renaming it is that there is a binary module also named
r.univar. According to Markus, r.univar (binary) will eventually have all
the functionality (and more?) of r.univar.sh (script). However, it is still
under development so we are keeping the script for awhile.

Michael

On 9/17/04 6:33 PM, "Glynn Clements" <glynn.clements at virgin.net> wrote:

> Michael Barton wrote:
>
>> I completed the updates I started a couple days ago (GIS Manager, and
>> r.univar.sh and r.shaded.relief scripts) and restored Glynn¹s prior updates
>> to scripts I had modified. As all of you noted, I cannot remove the
>> /scripts/r.univar directory. Bernard or someone else will have to do that.
>> However, GRASS should build the r.univar.sh script correctly now.
>
> Nope. scripts/Makefile has r.univar in SUBDIRS, but that directory no
> longer exists.
>
> What exactly was the reason for renaming that directory?

C. Michael Barton, Professor
School of Human Diversity and Social Change
PO Box 872402
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA