[GRASS5] [bug #2631] (grass) vector drawing problem on alpha

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Mon Sep 20 10:49:59 EDT 2004

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2631

Subject: vector drawing problem on alpha

Platform: GNU/Linux/Alpha64
grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: 5.3.0

my compiled (using ./configure --with-tcltk-includes=/usr/include/tcl8.4 --with-postgres-includes=/usr/include/postgresql --with-motif --enable-64bit) and CFLAGS=-O2) works well, but shows problems in displaying vector information in the monitor (x0 e.g.). The information is around, as tested with d.what.vect, but the display itself works fine when the whole region is on the display and fails partially or generally when I zoom in. Zoom and pan tests gave me the impression that the problem might be located in the part of the graphics driver which sets the boudary of the region to draw, maybe a 32/64bit or a float/double problem. I can imagine that the right compiler options could solve the problem, since compiling the same source on a pentium mmx did work correctly. unfortunately I have no other 64bit box at hand, but my next try will be the digital ccc compiler - who knows