[GRASS5] d.legend and d.out.png

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Thu Sep 23 05:29:42 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 22 September 2004 23:00, Glynn Clements wrote:
> Another option is to re-compile lib/gis with GDEBUG defined, then set
> the DEBUG and GRASS_DEBUG_FILE environment variables (see
> lib/gis/debug.c).

Debuging support is compiled by default, you only have to set
g.gisenv set=DEBUG=3

> One thing which stands out is that lib/form/form.c reads from stdin
> using both read() and the ANSI stdio functions, which may well result
> in timing-dependent bugs. Also, I'm unsure whether Tcl may use the
> descriptor itself.
>
> Maybe Radim could weigh in this discussion?

I thought, that we could remove al those temporary hacks soon,
substitute TclTk GUI in GRASS with QGIS and return to 5.0 version
of the display system.
In particular:
- remove lib/gtcltk
- remove G_gui, G_tcltk
- remove the loop from R_get_location_with_*
- remove lib/form
- remove db/drivers/dialog
- remove display/d.m
- remove vector/v.digit