[GRASS5] Subversion

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Sep 27 11:35:26 EDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 04:35:32PM +1200, Hamish wrote:
> These non-intuitive quirks is why a lot of people like Subversion better
> (but then it has its own quirks and bugs).

Subversion is pretty new among revision control systems.
This is the main reason why it was not considered when we set
up a repository for CVS.
Today I probably would try monotone or subversion.
Currently CVS does its job fine, so if I had more time to hack on
GRASS I would not choose to plan a migration to subversion, because
the value to gain is low.