[GRASS5] [bug #2641] (grass) [5.7] v.in.ascii support for Mac OS9 and DOS newlines

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 19:55:43 EDT 2004

[reposted from Bug tracker]

> > complication I had implementing this in 5.3's s.in.ascii: fgetl()
> > doesn't stop on \r's (Mac OS/9);
>
> What is fgetl()? Or did you mean G_getl()?

oh sorry, I'm confusing my Matlab and C commands.
(in Matlab fgetl() is fgets() but strips off the \n while fgets()
doesn't)

> The only thing which will work with Mac text files is avoiding the use
> of fgets() altogether. There are currently around 250 files which use
> fgets(), so this isn't a trivial change.

which is why for s.in.ascii I had it G_fatal_error() if it found a Mac
OS9 file..

OS9 format is heading into the past now, so I don't think changing
G_getl() as a start is worth it.

Hamish