[GRASS5] [bug #3146] (grass) NVIZ: limitation regarding volume data

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Apr 6 07:10:35 EDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 10:06:32PM +0200, Request Tracker wrote:
> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3146
>
> Subject: NVIZ: limitation regarding volume data
>
> Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
> grass obtained from: CVS
> grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
> GRASS Version: 6.1CVS
>
> NVIZ currently features a limitation for the max number of volumes.
> This limit is arbitrarily set to 100, there are apparently no such limitations for surfaces, etc.
>
> This causes strange effects and/or unexpected stops when scripting is used for batch-processing of lots of data.
>
> It is strongly suggested to increase the default value of the variable
> MAX_VOL_FILES in /libogsf/gsds.c to a significantly higher value.

Looking at:

cd lib/ogsf

grep MAX_VO *
gsurf.h:#define MAX_VOLS       12
GVL2.c:static int Vol_ID[MAX_VOLS];
GVL2.c:    if (Next_vol < MAX_VOLS) {
gvl_file.c:#define MAX_VOL_SLICES         4
gvl_file.c:#define MAX_VOL_FILES        100

I feel that MAX_VOL_SLICES and MAX_VOL_FILES should probably go into
gsurf.h and that MAX_VOLS should match MAX_VOL_FILES.

?

Markus