[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:6645] is search working?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Apr 28 03:04:09 EDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 10:15:11AM -0500, Kirk R. Wythers wrote:
> Are the search functions on the user and developer mailing lists
> working properly?

Yes, I think so:

 http://grass.itc.it/searchgrass.php
 Search: attributes
 Restrict to: GRASS Developers Mailing list
 -> Documents 1 - 10 of 835 matches.

Where did you try (URL?). It should be redirected to grass.itc.it.

> I am looking for tips on adding attributes (something
> like add columns) to existing vector maps (I thought this was a job for
> v.digit) however, I keep getting the dreaded "no matching articles"
> returned.

Search for 'db.execute' :-)

http://grass.itc.it/grass60/manuals/html60_user/db.execute.html
  Add new column to attribute table:
  echo "ALTER TABLE roads ADD COLUMN length double" | db.execute

Hope this helps

 Markus