[GRASS5] new symbols

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Aug 6 16:39:14 EDT 2005

I think this is a good  idea. Most users would think of a star as a 5 point
star, not a 4 point star. I also very much like the triangle. I've been
tempted to do one too, but haven't got around to it.

I'd favor replacing "star" with the new one (looks very nice), and keeping
the old one as star4.

I also agree about moving the non-basic icons to basic and keeping a set of
basic geometrics in basic.

Michael

On 8/6/05 2:42 AM, "Hamish" <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just made a new star icon (symbol code follows; screenshot of
> d.vect at size=15 attached).
>

> I would like to replace the existing basic/star icon and then add both
> the new star and new triangle icons to the 6.0.x release branch.
>
> alternatives:
> } add new star icon as "star5" or something, leave old "star" file
> as-is
> } replace star file, keep old 4-point star as "star4" or something
> - don't touch the 6.0.x branch.
>
> but I prefer the upgrade by replacement route so the default "star" is
> the best one we have. Any objections before I send to the CVS?
>
> another question is if for the 6.1-cvs branch we can move airport,
> target, etc out of basic/ and into extra/?  basic/ is getting cluttered
> with non-basic icons (ie more than [8|12] icons there) but for this
> there is the potential to break user scripts.
>

> Hamish
>

> VERSION 1.0
> BOX -10 -10 10 10
> POLYGON