[GRASS5] [bug #3469] (grass) about i.class

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Mon Aug 8 00:19:01 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-31 at 09:46 +0200, Request Tracker wrote:
> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3469
>
> Subject: about i.class
>
> Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
> grass obtained from: CVS
> grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
>
>  I am working with GRASS61, I try with i.class for supervised classification. After drawing the region on image I click to the Analyze region Menu, I get this error message WARNING:PREPARE_SIGNATURE: DATA ERROR (CLICK MOUSE TO CONTINUE). It seem that all the regions that I chose before now disappear. I try again with GRASS57, the result is also the same. Can you solve this problem for me? Thank you very much,
> Best regards,
> Tran Van Anh

I traced this back to INAME_LEN being changed from 30 to 256 in
include/imagery.h.

This makes lib/vask/V_ques.c: V_ques() bomb out starting at line:

if ((length <= 0) || ((length + col) > 80)) ...

where the variable 'length' is passed in as INAME_LEN.

The program keeps running until it dies with a floating point exception.

--
Brad Douglas <rez at touchofmadness.com>