[GRASS5] r.support

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Aug 9 11:03:53 EDT 2005

Brad Douglas wrote:

> I just noticed that when I ported r.support, I may have not written the
> makefiles properly.
>
> I just realized that commands in etc/support/ are also copied to etc/ as
> well. (modcats, modcolr, modhead, modhist)
>
> Could someone review the makefiles in raster/r.support/... and let me
> know how to correct this minor problem?  I fail to see the problem.

I suggest replacing:

	$(INSTALL) -m 755 $(ETC)/$(PGM) $(ETC)/support

with:

	mv $(ETC)/$(PGM) $(ETC)/support/

I wouldn't recommend adding an explicit linking command (i.e.
a copy of the rules for the "etc" target). If the linking command
changes, we want to be able to just change Module.make, and not have
to search all of the Makefiles for private copies.

Actually, is there any reason the programs need their own subdirectory
and can't just go directly into $(ETC)?