[GRASS5] r.support

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Aug 10 09:11:07 EDT 2005

Brad Douglas wrote:

> > I suggest replacing:
> >
> > 	$(INSTALL) -m 755 $(ETC)/$(PGM) $(ETC)/support
> > with:
> > 	mv $(ETC)/$(PGM) $(ETC)/support/
> >
> > Actually, is there any reason the programs need their own subdirectory
> > and can't just go directly into $(ETC)?
>
> No particular reason it couldn't go in $(ETC).  I put it in
> $(ETC)/support to keep $(ETC) uncluttered and easy to identify programs
> associated with r.support.
>
> Of course, I could just rewrite r.support to not use these all together
> and just have one binary called r.support.  That is probably the optimal
> solution.

Actually, I'd rather go the other way, i.e. have separate user-visible
programs (i.e. r.support.*) for each category rather than forcing the
use of the r.support menu.

Supporting non-interactive use would be an added bonus (I've already
written r.region).

> Let me know if you would prefer them go in $(ETC) or if I should
> reorganize r.support as a single binary.

Rename them to r.support.* and put them in $(BIN).