[GRASS5] QGIS GRASS digitizer new crash

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Tue Aug 16 18:06:31 EDT 2005

Dear Developers,

Due to some modification in Grass 6.1, which took place between 25.07.2005
and 13.08.2005, QGIS GRASS digitizer plugin crashes in a situation it used
to handle fine in the past. When a vector file's datatable is edited, which
contains some numerical column *and* a character column, and only the
numerical attribute is filled by the user, while the character column entry
he leaves empty, QGIS crashes in a following way:

QgsGrassEdit::displayDynamic Points = 0x85bacb8 type = 0
QgsGrassEdit::displayDynamic Points = 0 type = 0
No DB record
updated line = 14
node = 27 mNodeSymb = 12
node = 28 mNodeSymb = 12
QObject::connect: No such signal QTabWidget::void currentChanged(QWidget*)
QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'tabCats')
QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'QgsGrassAttributesBase')
Value: 14
Value: dbmi: Protocol error
Broken pipe

The datatable of file being edited is described below:

db.describe table=plik_tekst driver=dbf
database=$GISDBASE/$LOCATION_NAME/$MAPSET/dbf/
table:plik_tekst
insert:yes
delete:yes
ncols:3

column:cat
type:INTEGER
len:11
scale:0
precision:10
default:0
nullok:yes
select:yes
update:yes

column:przec
type:DOUBLE PRECISION
len:20
scale:6
precision:18
default:0.000000
nullok:yes
select:yes
update:yes

column:tekst
type:CHARACTER
len:50
scale:0
precision:0
default:
nullok:yes
select:yes
update:yes

After I install a Grass version from CVS at 25.07.2005 all is fine. But
using 13.08.2005 or 16.08.2005 CVS I get this crash always if I leave the
character field empty when editing attributes in a table containing both
character and numerical column.

I don't know what is the matter and if QGIS or GRASS is guilty.

Best,
Maciek