[GRASS5] 3D Rasters in current CVS

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Aug 17 15:08:18 EDT 2005

Hi Benjamin,

as Helena suggests, there will be an issue with your WIND file
which now contains the 3D info.

I made a quick funny test in spearfish60, works well:

#Set 3D region:
g.region res3=100 b=800 t=1600 -p3

#generate a volume:
r3.mapcalc "vol1=sin(x())+cos(y())+sin(z())"

#fetch range (average around zero):
r3.info -r vol1

# visualize
nviz elevation.dem vol=vol1

#-> go Panel -> Volumes -> Add -> New Constant -> 0 [return] -> Accept
# Now wait some seconds to get the colume rendered

Looks nice...

 Markus

--
Markus Neteler     <neteler itc it>       http://mpa.itc.it