[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:8031] Re: Oblique Mercator Projection in GRASS

Morten Hulden morten at untamo.net
Wed Aug 24 08:50:00 EDT 2005

I just tested an omerc_michigan PROJ_INFO file with the alternative
projection parameters and it does not work - the alpha: key-value pair
mysteriously disappers somewhere in the subroutines that construct the
proj command.

As a matter of fact /any/ key-value pair in the PROJ_INFO file starting
with either "a" or "f" will fail to show up in the constructed proj
commmand, except "a:" and "f: of course". Could this have something to
do with the routines extracting ellipse parameters? Like discarding or
not looking further into the projinfo stucture if first char of a key is
"a" or "f"?

Before staring to trace through the routines I would like to ask if
someone might have an idea where this happens.

rgds
Morten

PS. The PROJ_INFO file I tested:

name: Oblique Mercator