[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:8031] Re: Oblique Mercator Projection in GRASS

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Aug 24 09:12:17 EDT 2005

Hello Morten

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Morten Hulden wrote:

> I just tested an omerc_michigan PROJ_INFO file with the alternative
> projection parameters and it does not work - the alpha: key-value pair
> mysteriously disappers somewhere in the subroutines that construct the proj
> command.
>
> As a matter of fact /any/ key-value pair in the PROJ_INFO file starting with
> either "a" or "f" will fail to show up in the constructed proj commmand,
> except "a:" and "f: of course". Could this have something to do with the
> routines extracting ellipse parameters? Like discarding or not looking
> further into the projinfo stucture if first char of a key is "a" or "f"?

Yes indeed I think you're right---and it looks like this bug has been
there for 10-15 years!
The problem is the use of strncmp() in lib/proj/get_proj.c which only
checks the first few characters of a string for a match--resulting in a
matching any parameter beginning with a, etc.

I have committed a fix to CVS; please test.

Paul