[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:8031] Re: Oblique Mercator Projection in GRASS

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Aug 24 09:18:39 EDT 2005

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Paul Kelly wrote:

>> As a matter of fact /any/ key-value pair in the PROJ_INFO file starting
>> with either "a" or "f" will fail to show up in the constructed proj
>> commmand, except "a:" and "f: of course". Could this have something to do
>> with the routines extracting ellipse parameters? Like discarding or not
>> looking further into the projinfo stucture if first char of a key is "a"
>> or "f"?
>
> Yes indeed I think you're right---and it looks like this bug has been there
> for 10-15 years!

A correction: the use of strncmp where strcmp would have done the job has
probably been there for that long, but initially it didn't specifically check
for the "a" parameter using the strncmp function, so the bug involving
losing the alpha parameter will only have appeared in the last few years.

Paul