[GRASS5] r.le+r.cost

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sun Aug 28 15:33:16 EDT 2005

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 07:36:02PM +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all.
> I found a couple of problems using 6.1 compiled from CVS:
> FIRST
> ====
> GRASS 6.1.cvs (spearfish60):~ > r.le.setup
> OPTION   Raster map to use to setup sampling
>      key:map
> required:YES
> enter raster map name:
> Enter 'list' for a list of existing raster files
> Enter 'list -f' for a list with titles
> Hit RETURN to cancel request
> > landcover
> <landcover>
> OPTION   Vector map to overlay.
>      key:vect
> required:NO
> Overlay a vector file? (y/n) [n]
> OPTION   Site map to overlay.
>      key:site
> required:NO
>
> Overlay a site file? (y/n) [n]
> and stops. However, if I close the program (ctrl-c), I get to the next dialog,
> and everything goes well.

This is a known problem. I tried some time ago to fix it but didn't
find the bug.

> SECOND:
> =====
> r.cost input=cost output=cumulative start_rast=start max_cost=0
> percent_memory=25
> GRASS_INFO_WARNING(17827,1): segment_pagein: No such file or directory
> GRASS_INFO_WARNING(17827,2): segment_pagein: No such file or directory
>
> and nothing happens.
>
> Known problems, or something new?

New (to me) and confirmed with Spearfish

#based on r.cost example from manual:
g.region rast=roads -p res=300
r.cost -k input=area.oneoutput=distance start_rast=roads --o percent_memory=5 -v
Null cells excluded from cost evaluation.
Source map is: Integer cell type, 48 rows, 63 cols.
Creating some temporary files ...
Reading area.one ...WARNUNG:segment_pagein: No such file or directory
 100%
Initializing output
WARNUNG:segment_pagein: Success
 100%