[GRASS5] [bug #3593] (grass) ps.map: placement by map percentage is off

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 19:50:30 EDT 2005

> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3593
>
> Subject: ps.map: placement by map percentage is off
..
> GRASS Version: cvs20050830
>
> Using the the below ps.map instruction set (trying to mirror the
> legend created in d.vect.thematic), I get a weird result as can be
> seen in http://moritz.homelinux.org/misc/leg.ps.
>
> When using pstoedit to transform the file into skencil format, it
> becomes obvious that the placement by percentage seems to have some
> sort of cumulative effect:
>
> http://moritz.homelinux.org/misc/leg_in_skencil.png
>
> "Value range", "Mapped by ...", and "Color" (and to a certain extent
> the rectangle) all should start at exactly the same x-value. If you
> look into the ps-file they actually seem to have the same
> x-coordinate...
>
> Moritz
>
> *********ps.map instructions file***********
>
> paper a4
> end
> text 1% 95% Thematic map legend for column findic of map molenbeek
> end
> text 4% 90% Value range:  0.000000 -  21642.000000
> end
> text 4% 87% Mapped by 8 intervals of 2705.25
> end
> text 4% 83% Color
> end
> text 14% 83% Value
> end
> text 4% 80% ====
> end
> text 14% 80% ============
> end
> rectangle 5% 78% 8% 75%
>   color black
>   fcolor white
> end
> text 14% 76% 0 - 2705.25
> end
>
> end

Default reference point is centered on the point, try:

text x% y% Some text
  ref bottom left
  end

The bug is that the man page doesn't say what the default placement is.
This should be double-checked and added to the help page before this bug
is closed. Setting priority low.

also try the vlegend instruction.

Hamish