[GRASS5] rgb color support in ps.map ?

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Aug 31 12:01:04 EDT 2005

Paolo,
(cc to developers list)

Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Sorry Moritz, but why you struggle with ps.map?
> Qgis' map composer is so convenient and fast...

I wouldn't call it struggling, but rather trying to improve things ;-).

I don't doubt that QGIS and its composer is (or at least will be) a
very useful tool. (Personally, I have trouble doing what I want with
it, but that's most probably do to my lack of knowledge about
it...). For many people this will in fact currently be the easiest
to use solution.

However, at several occasions it has become clear that for different
reasons not all users want to depend on an external tool such as
Qgis, but want an internal GRASS GUI and useful internal GRASS tools
for map making (see results of the users survey in Number 2 of the
newsletter, for example.)

d.vect.thematic was an important step in this direction. All I'm
trying to do is to scratch some itches which come up while using it.

I imagine that if the swig interface route is successful (see
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2005-August/019435.html), then
we will see many more solutions pop up...

All the best,

Moritz