[GRASS5] v.external, OGR/OCI and v.in.ogr

Stephan Holl holl at gdf-hannover.de
Fri Dec 2 03:01:11 EST 2005

Dear list,

I tried to import a vector-dataset from Oracle-spatial using the OGR
OCI-bindings.

First export the spearfish-rioads to Oracle
using v.out.ogr, which works OK. ogrinfo gives all information, that
everything is fine.

Now I want to reuse the dataset using v.external:
v.external dsn=OCI:user/pw at ORACLESP out=roads_OCI
layer=ROADS_SPEARFISH60

This seems to work OK, also v.db.select roads_OCI gives appropriate
output.

But when I try to display the dataset, only one line is shown, but no
error is given.

When I reimport it in GRASS using v.in.ogr and display the imported
dataset, then all lines are shown on the display...

v.in.ogr -o dsn=OCI:user/pw at ORACLESP out=roads_OCI_import
layer=ROADS_SPEARFISH60 type=line

A debugging-Output (DEBUG=5) is copied here[1].

Thanks for any pointers how to solve this problem.

Best
	Stephan

[1]
http://www.gdf-hannover.de/holl/tmp/output_DEBUG5.dvect_OCI_v.external

--
GDF Hannover - Solutions for spatial data analysis and remote sensing
Hannover Office      -     Mengendamm 16d      -     D-30177 Hannover
Internet: www.gdf-hannover.de      -      Email: holl at gdf-hannover.de
Phone : ++49-(0)511.39088507       -        Fax: ++49-(0)511.39088508