[GRASS5] [bug #3886] (grass) upload loop error in v.distance

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Dec 7 23:30:21 EST 2005

You've set the -a flag, which asks v.distance to computer the distance from
a point to ALL points in the file. The 0 values represent the distance from
a point to itself.

This is pretty easy to get rid of in any kind of dbms or stat program--or
even with shell scripting commands. However, it is also helpful marking when
distances to a new point is being measured. To see an example of how this
can be used, look at the v.lda script I did (on the WIKI) to compute local
density analysis scores.

Michael
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85287-2402