[GRASS5] Fwd: Indic support in GRASS GIS with Indix2

Swapnil Hajare dreamil at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 01:43:53 EST 2005

hi,
 greetings.
  not sure if the new GTK gui will solve our problem. Does the new GUI means
GRASS monitors will use pango for rendering? I guess they will use the same
monitor. And by the time they come up with new GUI, should we wait for them
to finish and then start our localised GIS work ? My feeling is this should
be seen as a patch for indic support (similar to d.text.freetype used for
CJK). correct me if I am wrong.
  I am also not sure  how many indic scripts are supported well by Pango/QT
and what is the quality of rendering for all these scripts. If this solution
can provide a better rendering solution, it has every right to be accepted
as a good alternative to Pango/Qt.

bye

--
Swapnil Hajare