[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:9669] compilation (again) - also: Re: [GRASS5] [bug #3918] (grass) configure syntax error

Daniel Calvelo dca.gis at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 19:42:58 EST 2005

On 12/30/05, Markus Neteler <neteler at itc.it> wrote:
> In fact, there is a bug in 'configure' which is happily ignored
> on RHEL and Mandriva (also others) but not on Debian:
>
> configure, line 1361:
>             if test -r /etc/.relid -a "X`uname -n`" = "X`uname -s`" ; then
>                 system=MP-RAS-`awk '{print }' /etc/.relid'`
>             fi
>                                    ^- 1     ^- 2         ^- 3
>
> This doesn't look good. My 'vim' does syntax highlighting, so it
> was rather easy to find it.
>
> Culprit is in
> aclocal.m4:             system=MP-RAS-`awk '{print $3}' /etc/.relid'`
>
> Strange, that it existed for years. Also other programs contain it
> like that. Maybe it's right? I have commented it in aclocal.m4
> and re-generated the configure script. Both is updated in CVS.

Well, the syntax error comes from an excess apostrophe; try instead of
commenting it to delete that last ', after .relid and before the
backquote.

It seems there would exist a system for autotools called MP-RAS-XXX
where XXX is contained in that system in a file called /etc/.relid

Daniel.

-- Daniel Calvelo Aros