[GRASS5] Re: [Fwd: whinging about GRASS again]

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Feb 1 02:42:37 EST 2005

I don't know much about EPSG codes, but think that it would be a very long
list (I don't use them, but I'm sure they are useful to those who do).
However, there IS now a button (it says HELP) at the very first screen that
takes you to a page that describes the basics of how to set up a location,
get your data into GRASS, etc.

For discussions of the UI, it would be helpful if all were talking about the
same UI. I see that Russell was looking at 5.7.0. This is about 9 months old
and has a rather different UI than 6.0.0 beta 1. This is a consequence of
this being the development release and pretty rapid development. Not that
the 6.0.0 UI couldn't be improved, but it is different from 5.7.0. And both
are different from the interface in 5.4--though all are in TclTk.

Cheers,
Michael
PO Box 872402
Arizona State University