[GRASS5] New help button - please text review

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 19:04:32 EST 2005

..
> > > Magic! This works
..
> > ... ah yes. The "-file -" indicates input is to be piped from stdin.
> >
> > xmessage works, but is very inconsistent with the rest of the GRASS
> > GUI.
>
> Meanwhile I disovered that
>
> - Hamish's version works for g.list
> - John's version works for g.setproj
>
> GRASS_PAGER doesn't behave the same...

One takes input piped from stdin, the other from a filename. (?)

xmessage can't figure this out automatically and needs to be told which
one it is getting.

I don't know how to get a shell script to do both. "read" strips
whitespace from between words, how else to read from stdin?

Again I'd push for a g.message C module which takes input from stdin or
a file and makes a Tcl display window ala a module started with no
options.

Hamish