[GRASS5] vector import, howto - continued

"Peter Löwe" peter.loewe at gmx.de
Mon Feb 7 05:30:36 EST 2005

Hello List, Hello Michael:

>Given the little bit of discussion, I'm beginning to suspect that it is a
>quoting issue that may be primarily a problem with the TclTk GUI or may
>also affect the command more broadly.
>Here are a couple suggestions.
>
>1) If you have not done this already, try it from the command line rather
>than just from the GUI.

The problem occurs when the command is issued from the command line.

>2) Try with different delimiters than |. Maybe try a comma ",".
>
>Let us know what happens.
Same effect, unfortunately.

I do not believe in a quoting-related problem as v.in.ascii is apparently
able to parse/analyse the data correctly:
Error in db-execute-immediate -> Error cannot insert value -> insert into
_the_table_ values ( *correctly parsed stuff* )

My guess would be that the problem is related to the creation of the table
itself.

However, an inncocent "v.info" about the supposedly created vector ends in
a:
Cannot open old vector _my_vector_ on level 2

Comments, please.
Peter

--
Dr. Peter Löwe

Diplom-Geograph

<loewe at geomancers.net>
<peter.loewe at gmx.de>

DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Supergünstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl