[GRASS5] 6.0.0 beta2

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Mon Feb 7 22:58:59 EST 2005

On Feb 7, 2005, at 9:29 PM, Jack Varga wrote:

> Radim Blazek wrote:
>
>> or you can download it from cvs:
>>
>>   cvs -z3 co -r grass_6_0_0_beta_2 grass51
>
> 1). Does this imply that 6.0b2 requires the 5.1 codebase?
>
> 2). Has the merge to 6.0 that's been talked about happened yet?  (Last
> note on the subject from Hamish - (02-03-05) - says "maybe we should
> wait until after 6.0.0beta2 is tagged and tarballed).
>
> 3). If not, when?
>
> 4). If I have the 5.1 codebase (6.0b1) from a week and a half ago, what
> is the best way to get just an update?
>
>   4.1).  or should I grab the whole thing again?
>
> Currently I'm not contributing back, just trying to build the latest.
>
> Sorry, its just that the versioning is getting a little confusing.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Jack Varga

I just did this today and also find the version numbering to be getting
rather obtuse. I had not cvs updated since very early in the life of
beta1, so I decided to stat over. Correct me if I got this wrong, but
my attempt to get the latest was to:

cvs -z3 checkout grass51
then cvs update -dP in the new grass51 directory.

My assumption was that would be the daily build.

Kirk R. Wythers
Dept. of Forest Resources
University of Minnesota
email: kwythers at umn.edu