[GRASS5] Re: 6.0.x CVS

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Feb 8 08:19:37 EST 2005

> > > I was thinking
> > > 	mv grass51 grass6
> > > 	ln -s grass6 grass51
>
> Done now!
> CVS access is reenabled.
>
> I switched off grass51 in the viewcvs interface to avoid=20
> showing the same module twice.=20
> I hope links will also be corrected then, because they fail.
>
> For fresh checkouts: Use module grass6 now.
> For old checkouts: You can continue using grass51,
> no need to do a complete recheck in at this time.

Thanks for the change. It works well.

> We could experiment with scripts changing the CVS/Root file contents.

Find attached the script doing this job.

Usage:

 1. Go to GRASS 6 CVS source code main directory, store the attached
    script there, then use 'find' to launch the script:

       cd grass6src_cvs/
       find . -name 'Repository' -exec sh change-repository.sh {} \;

 2. After that, cleanup of Repository.tmp files

       find . -name 'Repository.tmp' -exec  rm {} \;

 3. Done. Continue working as before.

Cheers

 Markus