[GRASS5] Bugtracker: how to generate replies

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Feb 8 04:23:53 EST 2005

(cc grass5)

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 12:45:40PM +1300, Hamish wrote:
> > (note that the bug report communication is automatically forwarded to
> > the list).
>

> ?
> I thought only the initial report was forwarded to grass5, any further
> correspondence on the bug wasn't forwarded and only lived in the bug
> tracker unless specifically cc'd?

Almost right (see below).

> (see forwarded email below)
>
> Hamish
>
> From: "Maciek Sieczka" <werchowyna at pf.pl>
> Subject: Re: black hole (was: Re: Fw: [bug #2936] (grass) d.barscale doesn't work)
> Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 17:31:29 +0100
> To: "Bernhard Reiter" <bernhard at intevation.de>
> Cc: "Hamish" <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com>
>
> From: "Bernhard Reiter" <bernhard at intevation.de>
>
> >Hi Maciek,
> >Hi Hamish,
>
> >replies to RT messages make sense.
> >They get entered into the issue.
> >The developer that owns the bug gets a copy from the system.
> >I believe the requestor also gets a copy.
>
> Actually whenever I answered to "Hamish via RT" or "Radim Blazek via RT" I
> didn't get any copy of my answer from the tracking system (I understand you
> mean I should).

Myself, I am always adding the 'grass5' list in CC if important
stuff is reported. Otherwise the answer goes to the reporter
only, if "reply" was used.

Unfortunately developers tend to use "comment" in RT which does
generate an email.

So, please use "Reply" in RT, only then it reaches the person
who had issued the report.

Markus