trees-0.5.pl output fails to display in NVIZ (was: Re: [GRASS5] NVIZ - strange phenomena)

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at pf.pl
Sun Feb 13 14:38:24 EST 2005

Jachym,

After having learned about your trees-0.5.pl I grabbed it too, and, wow, it
is wow!!! But - I'm having the same problem Peter Löwe reported.

The commands I used:

trees-0.5.pl in=drzewa out=drzewa_3d elevation=dem vvar=1.0 crown=1.0
pvar=1.0

nviz elevation=dem vector=drzewa_3d_trunks,drzewa_3d

After the second press of DRAW button in NVIZ my DEM becomes almost
completely black and the raster overlay is not visible. However - when layer
"drzewa_3d_trunks" is displayed ALONE all is fine. The problem occures only
when displaying the crowns too - "drzewa_3d" in my case.

Do you guess what could be the reason? Should I provide more information? Is
anybody having the same problem?

My system:
grass-6.0.cvs_src_snapshot_2005_01_22
built from source on Mandrake 10.1 with tcltk 8.4

Maciek