[GRASS5] RE: [winGRASS] compiling grass6.0.0beta2 on cygwin/grass6.0.0beta1 on mingw

Javier A. Yebrin javier.yebrin at ing.unitn.it
Wed Feb 9 06:12:24 EST 2005

(cc WINGRASS)

Hi Marco, and developers:

I think I've found a similar problem when trying to compile GRASS6 beta 1
under MINGW. The first strange behaviour is that ./configure does'nt write
the following variables in Platform.make :

SHLIB_LD
SHLIB_SUFFIX

Leading to an error while making (I'm giving the example of making
libgrass_gis), because there is no linker program to run. Editing these
variables manually to:

SHLIB_LD= gcc -shared
SHLIB_SUFFIX= .dll

Linking is done, but then at the final command an error occurs:

[...] && ln -sf libgrass_gis.6.0.0beta1.dll
/home/javier/grass_clean/dist.i686-pc-mingw32/lib/libgrass_gis.dll

ln: creating symbolic link
`/home/javier/grass_clean/dist.i686-pc-mingw32/lib/libgrass_gis.dll' to
`libgrass_gis.6.0.0beta1.dll': No such file or directory
make: ***
[/home/javier/grass_clean/dist.i686-pc-mingw32/lib/libgrass_gis.6.0.0beta1.d
ll] Error 1

I've managed to work this out, adding the path to the grass libs in the
Shlib.make like this:

$(SHLIB): $(SHLIB_OBJS)
	$(SHLIB_LD) -o $@ $(LDFLAGS) $^ $(EXTRA_LIBS) && ln -sf
/home/javier/grass_clean/dist.i686-pc-mingw32/lib/$(notdir $@) $(patsubst
%.$(GRASS_VERSION_NUMBER)$(SHLIB_SUFFIX),%$(SHLIB_SUFFIX),$@)

However, when compiling a single module, such as r.info, make (or the module
itself) cannot find the needed libgrass libraries:

"Imposible to find libgrass_gis.6.0.0beta1.dll" -> windows popup error

There is a path/filename problem somewhere, and I think it is related to
Marco's problem.

Does anyone have a clue on this?

Thanks in advance

Javier