[GRASS5] tools/g.html2man/g.html2man update (PERL) to support table tag?

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 18:48:48 EST 2005

> > > I just discovered that tools/g.html2man/g.html2man
> > > does not support tables
> > > (see e.g. current r.in.gdal, r3.out.ascii etc)
> > >
> > > g.manual -m r.in.gdal
> > > g.manual -m r3.out.ascii
> > >
> > > are looking messy in the table section.
> >
> > r.in.gdal doesn't have a <TABLE>, just <PRE>.
> > man version looks just fine here.
> > ?
>
> cvs up -dP

Ok.

> See also:
>
> cd docs/html/
> grep -il '<table' *.html
>
> database.html
> display.html
> full_index.html
> general.html
> imagery.html
> paint.html
> photo.html
> postGRASS.html
> postscript.html
> r3.out.ascii.html
> raster3D.html
> raster.html
> r.in.gdal.html
> r.terraflow.html
> vector.html

r.in.gdal.html    -- <TABLE> or not at all
r3.out.ascii.html -- changed to <PRE> already
r.terraflow.html  -- just for images, doesn't matter for man version

the rest are all navigation pages, man versions without hyperlinks
are of limitted use (I guess module list with descriptions is useful..)
+ man versions don't exist currently ('g.manual -m vector' .. not found).

> Should be change all tables to pre?

certainly not for the lastest r.in.gdal change.
 (you really want to maintain that table? for people without internet?)

> I would prefer to have g.html2man fixed (maybe doing pre tricks there).

Yes. I think automatic <pre> tricks is hard to get right.

Hamish