[GRASS5] [bug #2987] (grass) Badwindow error

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Mon Feb 14 01:26:51 EST 2005

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2987

Subject: Badwindow error

Platform: WindowsNT/2000/XP
grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries
GRASS Version: 6.0

I followed the instruction on the web, and type the "grass60" command on the xwin. It shows the "Welcome to Grass...version 6.0..etc msgs" and ends with "Hit RETURN to continue" msg. But no popout map or window after that for me to work on. There is this msg in the cygwin window "winMultiWindowXMsgProcErrorHandler-ERROR:Badwindow <invalid window parameter>". is there an error there? I have been trying hard these weeks to start on the GRASS software, hope to get it work soon. thank ya alot.