[GRASS5] [bug #3003] (grass) v.mkgrid: various improvements

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Tue Feb 15 02:39:53 EST 2005

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=3003

Subject: v.mkgrid: various improvements

Hi,  -- last wish for today!

re v.mkgrid:

three requests; the first is the main one, the other two are rather trivial:

1) priority: "yes"
it would be nice if v.mkgrid [*] could take DDD:MM:SS lat/lon format for the
coor= and box= options. This would save time and the likely human error of
calculating the degrees in decimal form. Also make boxes more exact to where
you want them.

[*] 5.7/6.0 version: this module rocks.

2) priority: extra-low
It would be nice if the module filled in some of the meta-data viewable from
v.info. (ie Source Date: `date` and Name of creator: $USER)
You can find it in the history (v.info -h) but might be nice to fill it in on
the mail screen too.

3) priority: extra-low
grid   number of ROWS and COLUMNS in grid
coor   lower left EASTING and NORTHING coordinates of map
 box   WIDTH and HEIGHT of boxes in grid

grid=y,x
coor=x,y
box=x,y

Maybe it is just my brain recoiling from i,j FORTRAN flashbacks, but it would
nice if grid='s input format was x,y to match the others? I have enough mental
blocks not doing "coor=lat,lon" already, switching gears any more makes me
require higher sugar levels.

thanks,
Hamish