[GRASS5] fixed 2 bugs in GIS Manager GRASS 6

Helena hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Feb 15 23:59:29 EST 2005

Hamish wrote:
>>>I just fixed 2 bugs in the GIS Manager for GRASS 6 that prevented
>>>r.terraflow and d.colors from operating via the menus. I looked on
>>>the bugtracker system to report them fixed but either a) I was
>>>unable to properly search for them or b) neither was reported via
>>>the bugtracker.
>>>
>>>I have some improvements to the GIS Manager but will hold off until
>>>6.0 is released. Any word on when that will be?
>>
>>Next week?
>

> It would be nice to get v.surf.rst (2x #2990) and missing opt->key_desc
> bugs (#3002) fixed first.
>

> http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2990

I could not reproduce this one - it looks like the user gave invalid combination of options -
the z given both as a z-coordinate (layer=0) and as an attribute zcolumn=ELEV,
however, I tried it with one of my data sets and it behaved correctly even with this mix of options
(it either ignores zcolumn or ends with error message Vector is not 3D).
So I am suspicious that the users data set may have a problem. If somebody can reproduce it
I can try to fix it - the program ends because for a given segment it cannot find any points
within the segment or its neighborhood (the segmentation may be broken).

As for the GUI - it indeed gives an error message - Michael, is this something that you could fix?

Helena