[GRASS5] bugs

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Feb 28 05:15:53 EST 2005

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 09:19:14AM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:

> > > or, old and unreproducible bugs could be just squashed?
> >
> > GRASS is a huge program with many rare bugs. One can never test all
> > platforms/setups, so you can never say unreproducible==mistaken report.
> > Even if it is a mistake, if one person did it, others might as well, and
> > the others in the future might figure it out & post a solution.
> > Just deleting the contributed user experience would be a big mistake,
> > IMO.
>
> That's generally right, but RT should not become a museum for
> unresolved bugs of old GRASS versions.

I agree with both statements, but I think Hamish also agreed that
we need to clean out, what we can clean out.

Markus: Can empty the very old BUGS file from CVS then?
Can we completely empty it? I only want to make sure because it says:
You are maintaining it and I don't know if there is any bug in there
that is not in the RT. You would know best.