[GRASS5] [bug #2936] (grass) d.barscale doesn't work

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 23:09:59 EST 2005

> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2936
> ------
>
> Subject: d.barscale doesn't work
>
> d.barscale doesn't display anything and says: "unable to open panel
> No such file or directory".
>
> Details:
>
> GRASS 6.0.cvs:~ > d.barscale -m
> Left:  choose location
> Middle: cancel
>
> Left: choose location
> Middle: cancel
> Right: confirm location
> unable to open panel  No such file or directory
> GRASS 6.0.cvs:~ >
>
> The same bug I have in grass53_exp_2004_11_20, grass57_exp_2004_12_18
> (both from source). Only in precompiled 5.03 it works fine.
>
> My system: Mdk 10.1, gcc 3.3.4.

[works fine for me on Debian]

before drawing anything d.barscale saves a copy of the screen [with
R_panel_save()] to a temporary file. If you click the middle button for
"cancel" or reposition, it redraws the screen from this saved copy
[R_panel_restore()].

Are you sure that "unable to open panel  No such file or directory" is
exact? I can't find that error message.

does running:
g.tempfile pid=$$

seem to work correctly?