[GRASS5] [bug #2936] (grass) d.barscale doesn't work

Harmish Bowman via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Sun Jan 30 23:54:47 EST 2005

> >> GRASS 6.0.cvs:~ > d.barscale -m
..
> >> unable to open panel  No such file or directory
..
> > Are you sure that "unable to open panel  No such file or directory"
> > is exact? I can't find that error message.
>
> Yes, it is an EXACT copy/paste from the terminal output.

The only "unable to open panel" I could find was in
display/drivers/XDRIVER/XDRIVER24/Panel.c, but that is always "unable to open
panel file".
?

> > does running:
> > g.tempfile pid=$$
> > seem to work correctly?
>
>  After running g.tempfile pid=$$ I get:
>  /home/grassdata/caves92/PERMANENT/.tmp/localhost/3219.0
>  Is that what it should be?

Yes, I wanted to check if your temporary directory was writeable.
Seems to be ok.

Do you see the same problem if you try from a newly created location & mapset?

Hamish