[GRASS5] Commit sql parser patch, please

Daniel Calvelo Aros dcalvelo at minag.gob.pe
Fri Jul 1 14:00:04 EDT 2005

From: Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>
Sent: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 18:54:44 +0100

> Daniel Calvelo Aros wrote:
>
> > Could anyone with CVS write acces commit Glynn's latest patch for the sql
> > parser? Paul? Glynn? I attach it here so you don't have to seek through past
> > emails.
>
> Done.

Thank you!

> > Even if it were not perfect, it's still a right step in debugging the current
> > broken parser, isn't it?
>
> What's still wrong with the parsing?

AFAICT nothing, it was just a supporting comment, given Paul's asking for more
thorough testing. Sorry if I was confusing.

> The issue of only being able to use constants on the RHS of SET
> clauses is a limitation of the DBF driver.

Have you got ideas on how to fix this? I'm willing to dig into it.

For v.db.update use, I thought about bypassing the limitation by calculating
output values from the expression and then do a (large) number of SETs, but
that is very awkward.

Another possibility is to dump the dbf into sqlite, perform advanced sql stuff
there and dump back to dbf. Are there plans to leverage sqlite for the DBMI
infrastructure?

Daniel.